REVEAL! 2020 AUDI RS6 AVANT – MOST ANTICIPATED CAR OF THE YEAR! – 600HP/800NM V8 TWINTURBO
Finally. Finally.. And yet again, Finally. The automotive fans have been asking this for years now. When will the new RS6 come? When? When? When? Well, my friends. The wait is over. In a closed event a month ago, I was invited by Audi to see the brand new 2020 AUDI RS6 AVANT (C8), and spend some time with it. Here are the first details of the car. Some points that I will directly clear out:
– Yes, you are seeing correctly. It’s the A7 headlights and front, on the RS6. Why this crazy stunt?? When I talked about it to March Lichte and the designers of the car, they really wanted it to be super-wide. And since the A7 is a little wider already than the A6, they thought that if they put the A7 front on the RS6, and give it also the 4.5cm wider on each side wheel arches, it will look insane. And so it does. When I first saw it I was like oh my god what did they do, and a second later I loved it. I love the A6/S6 front, but I always found the A7 front to be slightly sharper. Then again, it’s quite cost saving to have same front on the RS6/7. Cost savings that they probably did to give us many other things we wanted on this car.
– The horsepower. Although the 600hp is probably less than what we all anticipated, keep in mind that this is the non-performance version. So it’s 40hp stronger than it’s predecessor, with a lower weight. That is quite impressive. It’s already faster than the previous RS6 Performance, so we can just imagine what the Performance version, that will follow in a few month, will be like.
– And to all if you people in North America. It’s a big day for you. The new RS6 Avant will be the first RS Avant in history offered in the continent. Congratulations!!
– In the YouTube video you can also hear how awesome it sounds, but unfortunately, just like with the new R8, you can’t rev the car to more then 3000rpm when standing still, cause of the new emissions regulations on all the cars made in Germany. That barrier can quickly be lifted off by any tuning company.
– Of course, no fake exhaust or vents in a proper RS car. Thank you Audi for that!
That’s it for now. Enjoy the first video. I will do a proper video and photoshoot out in the wild in about 3 weeks.
To me, the car looks absolutely insane. It’s probably the widest Audi ever made, and I adore how it looks. They went all out on it, and boy are we thankful.
Your first thoughts?
Don’t miss the high quality photos from this session as well. Check them out at the Facebook.com/Auditography page, where you can also download them in high quality for your wallpapers. More info: (click here)
Car: 2020 Audi RS6 Avant (C8) – 600hp/800nm – V8 4.0 TwinTurbo Mild Hybrid
Performance: 0-100kmh(62mph): 3.6sec (official), Top Speed: 305km/h
Color: Daytona grey matte
Location: Munich, Germany
Camera: Canon Eos 5D Mark IV / 24-70mm
Thanks to: Audi Germany
Music: ”Dramatic Movie Trailer ” by musicdream https://audiojungle.net/item/dramatic-movie-trailer/15820953
#audi #rs6 #audirs6